Greetings! Based on the current city of Los Angeles guidelines, Golden State Fur Con will officially be hosted April 8th-10th, 2022.
Per federal guidelines, the state of California, and the city of Los Angeles, it was deemed that large public gatherings will be safe to host in 2022, given the projected guidelines. California has their own COVID-19 restrictions and preventions, but AEIOU will have their own safety measures in place as well. We are contractually obligated based on the above to host our event; however, this is subject to change as guidelines change.
In regards to Golden State Fur Con registration:
• All paid GSFC registrations for postponed events will automatically carry over to the new dates, at the same registration level.
• Those who do not wish to attend GSFC 2022, we are happy to offer the ability to transfer your registration to 2023 for those who have purchased a badge prior to this announcement. We understand with the rapidly changing environment that some may not feel comfortable attending in person events at this time. If you feel uncomfortable attending the event, we encourage you to contact [email protected] to move your registration to 2023. At this time, unfortunately we cannot allow for refunds of previously registered attendees.
• Should this event be postponed again, any new registrations purchased after this announcement can be refunded or transferred to the 2023 GSFC event.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we move forward into hosting events in 2022. We would like to thank everyone who has been sticking with us through this difficult time. We are looking forward to hopefully seeing everyone in the coming months. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to continue to stay safe, wear masks, and visit your local state health department websites on where you can get vaccinated.
The following are all the COVID-19 restrictions and operations we will be putting in effect:
Disclaimer: Restrictions and Regulations are subject to change at any time. These will be updated as we receive new COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines.
• Any staff and attendees will be required to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination. Negative tests will not be accepted. We are working with local, state and federal requirements on what will be necessary to prove vaccination has been completed.
• Any staff and attendees are required to wear a mask in any function space at all times. Masks must be worn correctly over the nose and mouth. Face shields are not an acceptable alternative. Masks that require a filter that do not have a filter are not allowed. Masks with ventilation holes or patterning that allows for complete airflow will not be allowed. (when eating or drinking the mask restriction is lifted, but must be done in designated areas). Mask checks will be performed in all function spaces. A mask will be provided if needed.
• Recommended social distancing of 6ft will be maintained in all spaces.
• Theater style seating will be spaced 6ft apart from non-friend/family groups.
• Tables allow for a 10 person capacity spaced 6ft apart.
• Food and Beverage: all items may be served by an attendant or may be pre-packaged. Areas will be designated for food and beverage consumption
• Signature on a participate at your own risk form alongside agreeing to covid-19 regulations.
• There will be hand sanitizing stations available throughout the convention space.
• Hourly cleaning and sanitizing will be performed in all spaces and between events.
• Staff will be provided with masks, hand sanitizer bottles with a refill station, sanitizing equipment for sanitation between equipment use. Gloves will be provided if wanted. Staff rooms will be limited in capacity if requested. All staff food and drinks provided from AEIOU will be pre-packaged.
Moving forward, we will be rapidly updating our website with new information, deadlines, and applications regarding dealers, panels, dance competition, DJs, artist alley, ect. We will also be updating our registration and hotel room page, with adequate warning as to when both will be opening. Please be patient as we move forward as rapidly as we can.
We would like to also happily announce that AEIOU as a company will be moving towards becoming a non-profit organization, or a 501c3. We are working with a lawyer to make this transition. As of right now, we do not have a specific timeline on when this will come into effect, but we are working swiftly at making this happen as soon as we are able, and will post updates as soon as we have them.
-Golden State Fur Con