We understand that the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a concern for our community. Corgi events (Golden State Fur Con), have been reviewing all options to keep our convention space clean and sanitized and to help to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. Concerns regarding the spread of this disease require serious considerations and logistical planning.
To this end, we have been working closely with our hotel, and reviewing county specific concerns and information. The Hilton has assured us that extensive cleaning and sanitation of convention space and all public spaces will be ongoing throughout our event. Additionally we will be taking our own measures to provide a sanitary environment for our attendees. At this time, we have no plans to cancel or postpone Golden State Fur Con, scheduled for April 3rd-5th, 2020.
The CDC and La County have set up guidelines to prevent the transmission of the disease. High traffic areas such as restrooms will be disinfected regularly. Mini hand sanitizers will be available at no cost for attendees to take at registration. Each restroom will have a hand sanitizer station. Each panel room will be equipped with hand sanitizer as well as disinfecting wipes for attendees to use at their leisure.
We will be regularly disinfecting common items within the Game Room, fursuit lounge, and other areas of concern. Gloves and/or hand sanitizer will be made available for all of our staff in high-touch and cash handling areas.
Reminders will be posted for attendees to wash and disinfect their hands regularly and to cover their mouths when sneezing or coughing. We encourage our attendees to take care of themselves and use good judgement. The CDC and relevant health authorities have recommended that if you are sick, or feel sick, you should stay home.
Some preventive measures you can take, and some possible courses of action. As recommended by the relevant health authorities at the country, state and national level are:
- if you're sick, stay home.
- If you have traveled outside the country where the virus hasn't been contained in the last 30 days, it is recommended that you stay home.
- We have been advised to request that attendees who show symptoms of illness remain away from convention space.
- Avoid hand shakes with other attendees, and hugs if possible.
- Avoid touching your face at any time.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately throw it away. If that's not available, use a sleeve, not your hands.
- Use face masks only if you have been infected or your health care provider has advised you to do so.
- follow the 6-2-1 , 6 hours of sleep, 2 meals a day, and 1 shower is important in maintaining immune health, as is adequate hydration, drink plenty of water or fruit juices.
If you would like further guidance, you can review the LA County information page here: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/#
The well-being of our attendees, guests, and staff are our top priority. If the situation regarding COVID-19 significantly changes for Los Angeles, we will re-evaluate our plans for the convention. To reiterate; at this time, we have not been advised to, or have any plans to cancel or postpone Golden State Fur Con, scheduled for April 3rd-5th, 2020.
In the meantime, we are working hard towards putting on an amazing convention that we just know you're all going to love!
We look forward to seeing you in April!
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us through our page here: https://gsfurcon.com/contact.html
~Your Golden State Fur Con Convention team